• September 2019
    M T W T F S S
    « Aug    

Can I apply for change of status from L1 to B1 after resigning the job?

You can qualify for a change of status if you are are already in the US legally. If you are wanting to transfer from L1 to B1 there are a few considerations to keep in mind. To be eligble for the B1 you must meet one of the following:

  • Consulting with business associates
  • Traveling for a scientific, educational, professional or business convention, or a conference on specific dates
  • Settling an estate
  • Negotiating a contract
  • Participating in short-term training
  • Transiting through the United States: certain persons may transit the United States with a B-1 visa
  • Deadheading: certain air crewmen may enter the United States as deadhead crew with a B-1 visa

You also have to prove that you only plan to stay in the US for a limited of time and that you have the appropriate funds to leave once the visa expires .

It would be best to discuss your specific situation with an immigration attorney. LawTrades would be happy to connect you with a seasoned immigration attorney that can walk you through the process. Our attorneys offer affordably flat rates and flexible communication to better meet your needs. Check out our website and be in touch for a consultation.