How can the E-2 Visa help US aliens work in the US? How much company funding is required to obtain the E-2 Visa? Where does this money have to come from, and where does it have to be deposited? How much time does the whole process take?

An E-2 Treaty Investor Visa is a non-immigrant visa which allows a non-U.S. citizen who controls a substantial investment to work inside the country. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requires an E-2 visa applicant to submit extensive documentation to prove their investment.

To be eligible for an E-2 Investor visa, the applicant must be from a treaty investor country that has reciprocity with the U.S. A “substantial investment” minimum is initially required. This amount is typically around $100,000, but can be lower in some cases. Startups are required to demonstrate an investment that will support starting and operating the business, so the USCIS uses a sliding scale appropriate to the business and its needs to determine the sufficiency of capitalization. An E-2 visa is usually renewed every two years and there is no limit on the number of times it can be renewed, and there are no restrictions on leaving or re-entering the country.

If you’d like to explore the possibility of obtaining an E-2 visa then head to LawTrades. The immigration attorneys on our platform have a ton of experience helping foreign-based individuals figure out how to start a company in the US. We offer free consultations and no obligation price quotes!