• September 2019
    M T W T F S S
    « Aug    

Can I qualify for an H-1B visa without a bachelor’s degree? If so, how?

Technically, no. You have to have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. 

If you are shooting for the equivalent you may qualify based on one of the following:

  • Hold unrestricted license, certification or registration that qualifies you to work in a specialty occupation.
  • Have education, training, or progressive responsibilities that can equate to a bachelor’s degree. The basic rule is that 3 years of experience in a specialty positions equals one year of school.

It’s not really a clear cut explanation and will likely require a lot more documentation and proof than a simple bachelor’s degree. But, based on the requirements, you don’t necessarily have it to qualify. It may just be easier for employers to select a person who has the degree in hand.

If you would like to connect with an immigration attorney, check out LawTrades.We are a marketplace of attorneys that are skilled in specific areas—including immigration law. Get in touch if we can be of any help. Good luck!