• February 2020
    M T W T F S S
    « Jan    

Does a delaware corporation have to register in each state?

If you incorporate in Delaware, but will be doing business in another state, you will still need to register in the other state(s) as a foreign business entity. In addition, you will be required to file periodic reports in Delaware, as well as those states where you do business. Moreover, Delaware requires that you regularly submit franchise taxes, even if you are paying those taxes to the state(s) in which you are already doing business. If you’re looking for specifics take a look at this helpful pdf from Wolters Kluwer: Specific “Doing Business” Activities that Affect the Foreign Qualification Requirement.

Alternatively, if you’re looking for some advice from an attorney on this subject then stop by LawTrades. We have a bunch of business attorneys on our site that an abundance of experience with foreign qualification and would be happy to help you!