As with most things, 501 (c)(3) creation is a process. There are certain aspects that simply take time to complete. Here are the basic things you have to do:
- Establish a concept for your non-profit
- Craft the finer details: mission statement, business plan, develop a board
- File for tax-exempt status
- Annual maintenance and ongoing compliance
As you can see, there are several steps to setting up a non-profit, but you have to complete each step thoroughly in order to ensure that you’ve created a solid foundation. Your best bet? Hire a nonprofit attorney to assist you. What you can gain:
- Streamline the incorporation process
- Guidance for establishing nonprofit concepts, mission statements, business plan, etc.
- Ensure that you are complying with ongoing maintenance requirements
In the end an attorney can make the process faster simply because you’ll have peace of mind that everything is accomplished correctly.
can connect you to a nonprofit attorney. We are in the business of helping our clients find the best lawyer for their needs. Our professionals are among the most esteemed in the field and they are able to offer much more affordable rates than larger law firms. Check out our website to learn more.