• December 2019
    M T W T F S S
    « Nov    

Do I have to file a yearly tax for my Wyoming LLC if I am a non-resident alien?

There are two types of filings that you may need to do to keep your Wyoming LLC in good standing and to properly report your income.

The first is the filing you must complete with the Wyoming Secretary of State. This is called an Annual Report. This must be filed annually by the first day of the LLC’s anniversary month and can be filed online here. Based on the information reported on this form, the state will calculate your Annual Report License Tax that will be payable to the state. This reporting requirement and tax is assessed on all businesses formed in Wyoming.

The second type of tax filing you may need to complete is income tax returns. As a non-resident alien, there are a number of factors that need to be considered when determining your federal and state reporting requirements including your presence in the U.S., whether you yourself conduct business in the U.S., the types of agents you use to carry out your business in the US—either dependent or independent, and whether the business produces effectively connected taxable income (ECTI).

It is strongly suggested that you work with a knowledgeable tax attorney to assist you with balancing your liability and tax concerns through a well-structured overall business plan.

LawTrades can connect you with one of the experienced tax practitioners from our pool of vetted attorneys to assist you on this matter. You can get a free 20 minute consultation to understand how an attorney can assist. We also have another feature called LawTrades Micro which might interest to you. For a low flat-rate (typically $25) you can ask one of our experienced attorneys a question and receive a customized answer within 48 hours.