• August 2019
    M T W T F S S
    « Jul    

I have a LLC registered in Delaware. I do corporate training all over the US and live in RI and CA. What taxes do I pay Delaware?

Generally, a limited liability company (LLC) will be considered “doing business” in another state when it: a) has physical presence in the state, b) conducts in-person meeting with clients in the state, 3) generates a significant portion of revenue in the state, and 4) has employees working within the state. If your company falls under one of these then it’ll probably be required to apply to do business in the other state – something called “foreign qualification.”

You’ll want to foreign qualify in as few of states as possible because with each foreign qualification comes filing and annual fees, as well as additional formalities.

If you want assistance assessing your LLC’s responsibilities in other states then check out LawTrades. Our legal platform makes it easy for companies to find sound legal advice at an affordable price.