What do I need to do business in another state?

Whether you’re required to file a qualification to do business as a foreign entity in particular states where you’re selling depends on a host of factors that require assistance from an attorney who specializes in business law.

Generally, businesses must comply with the same local, state and federal tax laws as physical stores. However, even if you’re responsible for collecting state and local taxes from consumer – and forwarding these taxes to the appropriate revenue agencies – it’s possible that you won’t need to register as a foreign corporation. Whether or not you do can be answered only with guidance from an attorney who works in this area of law.

I invite you check out LawTrades to help you answer questions about your business’ legal and regulatory compliance, which was started to provide small companies with access to the highest quality legal services at an affordable price. Also feel free to PM me directly with any questions you have about registering your online company in multiple states for taxing, licensing and related matters.