Is it possible to apply for an NIW visa and get a Green Card through my PhD research in artificial intelligence?

It is possible, but there are a few things you need to be prepared for.

  • You have to have an advanced degree.
  • You have to be able to prove exceptional ability.
  • You have to prove that your research has national merit.
  • You have the ability to advance your research.

One of the most difficult things to prove is how giving you the ability to pursue your endeavor will benefit the US. Be aware that the changes in immigration in the US has definitely caused the requirements to become more stringent.

The best thing you can do is talk to an attorney in great detail about your research. Then, you may be given some real insight into whether or not this is the best path for you or if maybe you should look into alternative methods for pursuing a green card.

LawTrades would be happy to assist you. We can put you in touch with a top-tier immigration lawyer that can discuss your options. Check out our website and reach out to us if you’d like to set up a consultation.