Startup lawyers are there to advise startups in their critical early formation stages and it’s very difficult to automate individualized solutions to legal concerns.
Here are some examples of problems that typically need legal advisement:
- Which business entity to use when forming a company,
- Vesting schedules, 83(b) elections, equity splits
- Filing a patent properly, and conducting a patent search
- Protect your company’s intellectual property from being stolen/misused by independent contractors (often the bulk of a tech startup’s value, especially in the early stages)
- Complying with federal employment law, when the company start experiencing major growth
- Negotiating with investors, to make sure your startup’s goals and concerns are met
With that said, there are ways to marry great technology with amazing lawyers and make the experience faster, more cost-effective, and always there when you need it.
This is one of the reason why we builtLawTrades is a user friendly web app that gives you on-demand access to a number of pre-screened, highly experienced attorneys. It covers areas such as company formation, patent/trademark/copyright law, employment law, startup financing law and more (stuff that’s hard to outsource/automate).
Hope that better clarifies! If you’re still not convinced, feel free to reach out directly 🙂