How can I have a business partner join me on an E2 visa for the US?

Yes, you would both need to own half of the business and also independently qualify for the E-2 Visa. 

To qualify:

  • You must be from a country that the US has a treaty of commerce and navigation with
  • Investing or plan to invest a substantial amount of money in a US business
  • Showcase that your primary intent is to enter the US to invest in said business (accomplished by showing that you will own half of the company)

If you would like a more customized response, you may be interested in my company’s newest feature: LawTrades Micro. For a low rate (usually $25) you can submit a legal question and receive a customized response in as little as 48 hours! Let us know if we can be of further assistance.