• February 2019
    M T W T F S S
    « Jan    

Can Indian citizen start a new company in USA in partnership with a US citizen?

In short, yes but you won’t be able to incorporate as an S-Corp which forbids foreign ownership if you don’t have a green card. You’ll have a series of decisions to make if you’re serious about incorporating in the U.S. Here are some of them:

  • Do you plan on working in the US? Although it’s easy for foreigners to incorporate, it can be difficult for them to work at their own business. They must acquire a visa to do so.
  • Which US state to incorporate in. Each state has its own procedures and rules. Make sure you choose the state that suits you and your business well.
  • Which business entity to go with. Forming an LLC is must different than incorporating as a C-corp. It’s important to understand the pros / cons of each.

You should stop by our site LawTrades. We have helped many startups get the legal advice they need before making big decisions like incorporation. Our legal platform offers free price quotes and instant access to your lawyer.

Legal is hard. Let’s tackle it together.

Speak to one of our Legal Pros and discover how we can help.

Let's Talk


There is no comment on this post. Be the first one.

Leave a comment