Coming up with a new product is an exciting time and you are wise to want to get an attorney’s input and ensure that you are able to protect your invention.
There are a number of ways that an attorney can help you with the patent process:
- The attorney can help determine whether your idea is patentable and issue you an opinion letter.
- The attorney can perform a patent search to ensure that your product is unique and does not infringe on the patents of others.
- The attorney will prepare the application, including drafting the claims in accordance with USPTO requirements and helping you describe your invention with the required level of detail and specificity.
- The attorney will file and prosecute your patent with the USPTO and handle all communications and actions.
- The attorney can appeal a negative decision.
Having good counsel is essential to saving time and money through this process. If you’re looking to work with a skilled patent attorney,can connect you with one of the vetted attorneys in our network for a free 20 minute consultation. The attorney will be able to tell you how they can assist you and protection your intellectual property.