Can I qualify for an H-1B visa without a bachelor’s degree? If so, how?

Technically, no. You have to have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. 

If you are shooting for the equivalent you may qualify based on one of the following:

  • Hold unrestricted license, certification or registration that qualifies you to work in a specialty occupation.
  • Have education, training, or progressive responsibilities that can equate to a bachelor’s degree. The basic rule is that 3 years of experience in a specialty positions equals one year of school.

It’s not really a clear cut explanation and will likely require a lot more documentation and proof than a simple bachelor’s degree. But, based on the requirements, you don’t necessarily have it to qualify. It may just be easier for employers to select a person who has the degree in hand.

If you would like to connect with an immigration attorney, check out LawTrades.We are a marketplace of attorneys that are skilled in specific areas—including immigration law. Get in touch if we can be of any help. Good luck!

Legal is hard. Let’s tackle it together.

Speak to one of our Legal Pros and discover how we can help.

Let's Talk


There is no comment on this post. Be the first one.

Leave a comment