• February 2019
    M T W T F S S
    « Jan    

How can you transfer from a B1/B2 visa to a work visa in the US?

You can convert from a B1/B2 to a work visa, such as the H1B. However, you have to make sure that you qualify for it. 

Essentially, your employer will have to ensure that the position falls under one of the qualifying categories and that you meet the basic criteria. To qualify you must have at least one of the following criteria:

  • A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
  • 12 years of work experience
  • A combination of work experience and education

Remember, there is a cap for this type of visa so there are other limitations outside of your control.

Your best option is to consult an immigration attorney. LawTrades connects people just like you with the best lawyer for their needs. Our attorneys are among the most educated and experienced in their areas of expertise and their rates are much more affordable than traditional law firms. Check out our website and contact us if you’d like to set up a consultation.

Legal is hard. Let’s tackle it together.

Speak to one of our Legal Pros and discover how we can help.

Let's Talk


There is no comment on this post. Be the first one.

Leave a comment