I wanted to focus my answer on one aspect of this question that it doesn’t seem has been answered. And that is re-entry. You can travel abroad while you on H status, but once it’s time to return, there are some documents that you should have on you that will make re-entry go much more smoothly.
- Passport that is valid for at least 6 months into the future
- Check-stubs proving employment in the US
- Copy of complete H-1B petition filed with the CIS
- Valid Form I-797 H Approval Notice
- Valid H visa for re-entry to U.S.
It would serve you best to discuss your options with an immigration attorney. They can answer your questions about how you should travel as well as ensure that you have the proper documentation to make re-entry simple.
can help you locate an immigration attorney that is happy to assist you. Our rates are affordable and our payment plans are flexible. We understand the importance of quality, yet affordable legal services and that is what we strive to offer each and every client. We invite you to contact us for a free consultation.