• February 2019
    M T W T F S S
    « Jan    

Can I work in the US while waiting for a H1B visa?

The answer to your question depends on your current immigration status in the United States. If you already have H-1B status and are in the United States to work for your H-1B employer, you can begin working for a new employer as soon as the new company files an H1-B transfer petition on your behalf. If you do not have H-1B status, you must wait until the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) approves your H-1B visa before you can legally start working.

Processing times will vary depending upon your service center. You may be forced to wait a few months for clearance. If your employer can show a compelling reason why you need to start working for them immediately, USCIS might approve the petition sooner. Employment cannot begin, however, until USCIS has issued the appropriate visa.

Need assistance with something visa related? Our legal marketplace at LawTrades has helped countless individuals sift through the complexity of US immigration laws. Hope this helps!

Legal is hard. Let’s tackle it together.

Speak to one of our Legal Pros and discover how we can help.

Let's Talk


There is no comment on this post. Be the first one.

Leave a comment