– You’ll want to form your business. Either an LLC, C Corp or S Corp for most web startups.
– Get your post-incorporation documents in order if you ever plan on taking on investors and/or hiring people. This includes stuff like bylaws, initial board consent, restricted stock purchase agreement, confidential information and assignment agreements etc…
– Decide whether you want to trademark your company name. More on that.
– Create a founders agreement if you plan on bringing or currently have co founders. See
– Figure out whether you want to file a provisional patent if you believe your software is truly unique.
– If you plan on raising money from investors, decide whether you’ll do a convertible note or equity round. If convertible note, you’ll want an attorney to draft up a convertible promissory note, note purchase agreement, and board consent.
We routinely do this kind of work for startups at. If you have any further questions, feel free to shoot me a message. Congrats on the new site!