• February 2019
    M T W T F S S
    « Jan    

I am on H1B visa and earned some money from source outside my sponsor. Should I report it to IRS during my tax return filing?

Yes, you have to report the income because that is the law. As your application indicated, while you are in the US, you have to follow the laws that govern the country. However, you are also in violation of the terms of your visa because you worked outside of your approved employer. It wouldn’t be in your best interest to file your taxes appropriately because failure to do so will only complicate things. To help you avoid further legal issues, you should consult an immigration attorney for guidance.

LawTrades may be able to help. We are a marketplace of freelance attorneys that offer affordable flat rates and flexible communication via a technology platform. Our attorneys are well-versed in immigration law and would be happy to review your situation to offer further guidance. Check out our website for more information.

Legal is hard. Let’s tackle it together.

Speak to one of our Legal Pros and discover how we can help.

Let's Talk


There is no comment on this post. Be the first one.

Leave a comment