How can you get a greencard? by @R44D
Answer by Raad Ahmed:
The good news? There are quite a few ways to get a Green Card. The bad news? There are quite a few ways to get a Green Card.
Before I go about rattling off all the ways you can qualify, keep in mind that whichever way you decide to go—make sure it’s the best option. You’d be amazed at how many people start down this road only to realize that they:
1.) Don’t qualify for that route
2.) Missed necessary steps and botched their approval chances.
Don’t be that person.
Here’s some ways you can go about it:
- You can qualify you are an immediate family member of a US citizen (this includes: spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, parents of petitions who are at least 21.
- You can also pick up a Green Card if you fall into the “preference category” which includes: unmarried children over the age of 21, married children of any age, and siblings of a petitioner who is at least 21.
- If you are a family member of permanent resident.
- Also, if you are a member of the “special category” of people that includes: battered spouse or child, K non-immigrant, child of a foreign diplomat, V non immigrant, or a widower of a US citizen.
- May be eligible if you are offered a permanent position in the US.
- If you are an investor or entrepreneur that is establishing a business that creates US jobs.
- Self-petitioning if you fall into “extraordinary abilities category”
- Available for certain “special category” jobs
- If you are allowed in the US as either a refugee or asylee then you can apply for permanent residency after one year.
- Diversity Immigrant Visa Program
- K non immigrant
- Legal Immigration Family Equity Act
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
So you do have some options when it comes to getting a Green Card. Like I said, you want to be sure that you choose the best option for yourself as all of these processes have their own set of requirements. Your best bet? Get in touch with an immigration attorney. They can give you some advice on where to start and help you go over your qualifications.
If you aren’t sure where to look for a good lawyer, check outWe connect clients with handpicked attorneys that are the best of the best. Our lawyers will put you first and make sure that you not only understand the Green Card process, but help you with your best chances of approval. Check us out and get in touch for a consultation.