My answer to How difficult is it to get an E-2 visa from outside the US?
Answer by Raad Ahmed:
It’s true that obtaining the E-2 visa is generally a faster process than other visa applications, but there are definitely some specifics about the application that can be a bit confusing. Such as:
- You have to prove that you are coming to the US to invest in business
- You have to prove that you have the proper funds to operate the business
- You must be able to prove that it is a bona fide business
- You must be able to prove the source of your capitol
- You must be willing to demonstrate that you will be directly involved in the business.
The planning portion of your business is certainly critical. As you mention, it may be difficult to develop a plan from afar. An immigration attorney can assist you with learning more about your options and offering insight into the E-2 process.
can help. We connect clients with seasoned attorneys that are well-versed in immigration law. Check out our website to learn more about our affordable services.