My answer to How do you fundraise for your business startup?
Answer by Raad Ahmed:
There are many, many ways to raise money for your startup. Here are some:
- Bootstrap it yourself. Self-funding from your savings is always preferred as you don’t have to give up any of your ownership.
- Ask your “friends and family.” This can be a risky source as business relations can affect your personal relationships, yet they can be some of your biggest supporters and open to attractive terms for repayment.
- Find a major customer to front the beginning the costs
- Use a crowdfunding website like. Make sure you read the fine print in your agreement with the various sites.
- Loans through the. A lot of different options here, and historically a solid option for small businesses.
- Credit cards / mortgage your house.
- Sell cereal like(:
- Peer-to-peer lending on a site like. Like crowdfunding sites, read the fine terms.
- Secure a round of funding from a venture capitalist (VC) and/or angel investor.
Hope that helps! If you need some sound legal advice during your fundraising then feel free to stop bywhere you can schedule a free 20 minute consultation w/ a top notch startup attorney.