How hard is it to get a green card in Silicon Valley for a programmer from EU? by @R44D
Answer by Raad Ahmed:
Ayda offers an exceptional explanation for how you can get on the path toward obtaining a green card. I would like to expand on the process of the H1-B Visa and how that will impact your ability to gain a green card later, if you so choose.
Steps to obtaining an H1-B Visa:
- Determine eligibility-In order to be eligible for an H1-B visa, you must meet the following:
- Obtain a position that is considered a “specialty occupation”
- The position must require specialized knowledge
- The position must require at least a Bachelor’s degree
- An employer must hire you-you must be offered the job and the employer must be willing to file for the visa on your behalf. You may not do so yourself.
Steps to obtaining a Green Card via work visa:
- You must have permanent employment
- Your employer must present a labor certificate (in most cases) and file a Form I-40
As others have indicated, you have chosen a prime location for specialty employment so that certainly works in your favor. To ensure that you meet requirements and are on the best path toward your ultimate goal of a Green Card, you should reach out to an immigration attorney.
can help. We have assisted numerous people juts like you who want to simplify the overwhelming visa process. Our attorneys can help. We have access to the most qualified lawyers in the field and they are waiting to hear from you. Contact us through our website for more information.