• November 2018
    M T W T F S S
    « Oct    

I have my last attempt for the H1B visa in April 2016. What are the backup options that I might need to have the H-1B visa if the H-1B petition is not picked/filed by the employer I am working with?

It depends.

There are other visa options that may be available to you depending on your credentials and experience. Some common alternatives to the H1-B visa include:

  • L-1 Visa-Organizations in the U.S. with a related company abroad may transfer managers, executives and those with specialized knowledge to work for the U.S. entity on an L-1 visa.
  • J-1 Visa-This visa is reserved for “trainee” positions where employees are in a position to learn more about the business.
  • B-1 Visa-The B-1 visa can be used in cases where the individual is required in the U.S. for project discussions and analysis or other work that focuses on business, but is not paid and can’t actually work for the company.
  • 0–1 Visa- The O-1 visa category is for extraordinary people who are the considered a top professional in their field. It can be used for artists, entertainers, athletes, scientists, researchers and business people.

Do you think you may qualify for one of the visas mentioned here? You should discuss your options with an immigration attorney. LawTrades can help you find the best attorney for your needs and we offer affordable rates and flexible payments. Get in touch with us to discuss your case.

Legal is hard. Let’s tackle it together.

Speak to one of our Legal Pros and discover how we can help.

Let's Talk


There is no comment on this post. Be the first one.

Leave a comment