• February 2019
    M T W T F S S
    « Jan    

Let’s say I qualify for L1B and EB2. Can I jump straight to EB2, or do I have to do L1B->EB2?

Yes, it’s possible for your employer to file for the EB2 green card if you qualify. 

Here are a few considerations:

  • The processing time for the L1B can be accomplished in a few short months (barring any complications)
  • EB2 can take anywhere from 1–3 years to complete.
  • An L1B holder is not considered a resident therefore you could potentially run into a few roadblocks if you try to purchase a home.
  • As far as taxes are concerned, you will likely be taxed the same as an LB-1 as you would if you had a green card depending on how long you have lived and worked in the US

To answer which option is best for you, well—it depends on your goals and your employer. Your best option is to consult an immigration attorney.

LawTrades is happy to connect you with a lawyer to assist you. If you prefer, you may be interested in our newest feature, Micro. Basically, for a low flat-rate you can ask a legal question and receive a customized response in as little as 48 hours. Let us know if we can help!

Legal is hard. Let’s tackle it together.

Speak to one of our Legal Pros and discover how we can help.

Let's Talk


There is no comment on this post. Be the first one.

Leave a comment