• February 2019
    M T W T F S S
    « Jan    

I live in Ecuador and have a LLC in Delaware, can I have business address and business license in Delaware?

Yes but you won’t be able to form an S-Corp, which forbids foreign ownership. You’ll have a series of decisions to make if you’re serious about incorporating in the US. Here are some of them:

  • Which US state to incorporate in. Each state has its own procedures and rules. Make sure you choose the state that suits you and your business well. It’s worth noting that Delaware is a popular choice for foreign owners.
  • Do you plan on working in the US? Although it’s easy for foreigners to incorporate, it’s really difficult for them to work at their own business. They must acquire a visa to do so.
  • Which business entity to go with. Forming an LLC is must different than incorporating as a C-corp. It’s important to understand the pros / cons of each.
  • Do you have an ITIN? That’ll be necessary.

You should check out our site – LawTrades. Our legal marketplace has helped thousands of businesses with their legal help, including those that are foreign based. We take the pain and difficulty out of finding a lawyer so companies can utilize their time growing their businesses.

Legal is hard. Let’s tackle it together.

Speak to one of our Legal Pros and discover how we can help.

Let's Talk


There is no comment on this post. Be the first one.

Leave a comment