• February 2019
    M T W T F S S
    « Jan    

I own an LLC registered in Washington state. If I move to Detroit, do I have to register a separate business in Michigan?

You have a few options here. You can certainly seek foreign qualification in Michigan; you can get the forms you need here. You could also dissolve your LLC in Washington and open up another entity in Michigan. Alternatively, you could keep the LLC running in Wazzou and create a new entity in Michigan. If you’re only staying in Detroit for a few years then the foreign qualifying route is probably your best bet. To be sure of that, talk to an attorney. My website LawTrades offers free consultations for business owners like you to speak with an experienced attorney to get a sense of what’s going on before making a big decision like that. Hope you check us out!

Legal is hard. Let’s tackle it together.

Speak to one of our Legal Pros and discover how we can help.

Let's Talk


There is no comment on this post. Be the first one.

Leave a comment