Entrepreneurs can form a C-Corporation, S-Corporation, or Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) by filing Articles of Incorporation with the State Secretary’s office through mail or in-person and submitting a $99 filing fee. This fee only applies to corporations that are not authorized to issue stock. The State Secretary will process your application within five business days. If you want the application processed sooner you will have to pay:
· $100 for processing within two days
· $200 for processing within one day
· $300 for processing within four hours
Corporations must also pay a $39 filing fee to reserve a name. If your corporation is authorized to issue stock, you will have to pay a higher fee which will be determined by this formula:
· $0.10 for each authorized share up to and including 1,000 shares;
· $0.05 for each authorized share above 1,000 shares up to and including 10,000 shares;
· $0.02 for each authorized share above 10,000 shares up to and including 50,000 shares;
· $0.01 for each authorized share above 50,000 shares up to and including 100,000 shares;
· $0.005 for each authorized share above 100,000 shares up to and including 500,000 shares; and
· $0.0025 for each authorized share above 500,000 shares.
Ohio law caps the maximum filing fee at $100,000. I hope this helps.
Need assistance incorporating in Illinois?has amazing business lawyers across the country who can help get your business off the ground. We offer free initial consultations, transparent flat-fee pricing, and start-to-finish project management. Feel free to message me with any questions!