In the simplest of terms, a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) is a contract between parties that limits how information can be shared with others outside the contract. Other names for the document may include:
- Confidentiality Agreement (CA)
- Confidential Disclosure Agreement (CDA)
- Secrecy Agreement (SA)
- Propriety Information Agreement (PIA)
The most pertinent information you should include:
- Definition of confidential information
- All parities involved in the contract
- Specific terms
- Duration of all terms
- Allowed use of the information
- Responsibility of legal fees (should litigation occur)
- Non-binding clause
- Potential remedies in the event of a breach
Of course, a non-disclosure agreement does not cover everything, including information that is considered public.
If you need help crafting a non-disclosure agreement, reach out to my company,We can connect with you a seasoned contract attorney that can create the most solid NDA to protect your business. If you have other quick legal questions, you may be interested in It’s a simple and affordable (usually $25) way to request an answer from an attorney and receive a customized response within 48 hours. Hope to hear from you!