• February 2019
    M T W T F S S
    « Jan    

Do I need a degree in the same field as my job to satisfy H1-B educational requirements?

Yes based on some info I found on the USCIS website (the particular page is titled – “Understanding H-1B Requirements”):

Requirement 3 – Your job must be in a specialty occupation related to your field of study.

Some of the evidence you may submit to demonstrate that your degree is related to your position includes:

  • A detailed explanation of the specific duties of the position, the product or service your company provides, or the complex nature of the role you will perform, and how your degree relates to the role.
  • Written opinions from experts in the field explaining how the degree is related to the role you will perform.
  • Printouts from online resources describing the degree fields normally associated with the occupation.
  • Evidence that similar companies in your industry require similar degrees for similar positions.

Hope this helps. If you’re looking to speak with an immigration attorney then try out LawTrades. We offer free price quotes and consultations!

Legal is hard. Let’s tackle it together.

Speak to one of our Legal Pros and discover how we can help.

Let's Talk


There is no comment on this post. Be the first one.

Leave a comment