Do I need a K1 visa to marry my American fiancé(e) if I already have another type of visa?

Various types of visas are intended for very different reasons. Some are used for employment, tourism, etc. If you use one of those visas with the intention of moving to the US to get married, it may prove to be problematic for you. If you enter the US saying that you are here for a visit and then you get married in that time period, you may be accused of misrepresentation which can cause you incredible amounts of grief. There is a proper process for applying for your green card for marriage which you should certainly look into.

LawTrades would be happy to assist you with this process. We offer access to several immigration attorneys at an affordable price. They are seasoned professionals that can answer your questions about proper visa applications and which situation is best for you. Contact us today for your free consultation.

Legal is hard. Let’s tackle it together.

Speak to one of our Legal Pros and discover how we can help.

Let's Talk


There is no comment on this post. Be the first one.

Leave a comment