Here are some suggestions:
- Bootstrap it yourself. Self-funding from your savings is always preferred as you don’t have to give up any of your ownership.
- Ask your “friends and family.” This can be a risky source as business relations can affect your personal relationships, yet they can be some of your biggest supporters and open to attractive terms for repayment.
- Find a major customer to front the beginning costs
- Use a crowdfunding website like . Make sure you read the fine print in your agreement with the various sites.
- Loans through the . A lot of different options here, and historically a solid option for small businesses.
- Credit cards / mortgage your house. Eeeek.
- Peer-to-peer lending on a site like . Like crowdfunding sites, read the fine terms.
Hope that helps! If you need some sound legal advice during your fundraising then feel free to stop by! We have experienced startup / corporate lawyers to walk you through the process. Best of luck.