• February 2019
    M T W T F S S
    « Jan    

What does a startup operating agreement look like?

As Stephen has mentioned, operating agreements typically apply to limited liability companies. Since you mentioned that you incorporated in DE, you’re likely a Delaware C Corp.

Going with that assumption, it looks like what you’re need are the “post incorporation documents.” These are are a set of documents that provides your company with everything you need after the initial formation.

They include (but not limited to):

Bylaws – rules you set to control the members of your company

Initial Board Consent – seeking board approval for decisions

Stock Purchase Agreements – creates the terms related to the sale of the shares of your company

Confidential Information and Invention Assignments Documents – Every employee and consultant should sign one to safeguard confidential information and give the company ownership of inventions.

Action of Incorporator – Used to appointment board of directions, bylaws etc…

Employee/Consulting Agreements – Hiring new employees and consultants

Seed Financing Documents – Documents to help you raise your initial investment through either a convertible note or equity raise.

To find out if these documents are right for your company and receive a free price quote to, feel free to check out LawTrades.

Best of luck with the business!

Legal is hard. Let’s tackle it together.

Speak to one of our Legal Pros and discover how we can help.

Let's Talk


There is no comment on this post. Be the first one.

Leave a comment