Using company job offer letter can we self sponsor H1B or L1 visa with the help of immigration attorney?

In previous years, it has been a requirement to have an employee/employer relationship established prior to gaining sponsorship for a work visa in which that relationship included an independent employer and then the potential employee.. Before, self-sponsorship was not allowed, but now the USCIS now accepts H1-B visas filed by U.S. companies that are formed and owned by the visa beneficiary, it is called H1-B Visas for Entrepreneurs. However, there is still the requirement of the employee/employer relationship must still be thoroughly outlined—which may prove to be a bit tricky.

Here are a few requirements to consider:

  • The company must be able to afford sponsorship. Any company that has assets valued at less than $100,000 are not likely to get approval for this arrangement.
  • The employment must be considered a specialty operation, meaning that not just any person lacking skills could do the work.
  • The beneficiary must meet specific education requirements (at least a BA) or have at least 12 years of work experience within that particular field.

Because this is a pretty recent change in requirements, it is still best to consult the expertise of a skilled immigration attorney. LawTrades would be happy to assist you within hand-selecting the most equipped lawyer for your situation. We offer flexible payment options, affordable pricing, and easy to understand terms. Contact us for your consultation.