What are all the legal steps needed to open an online apparel business? by @R44D
Answer by Raad Ahmed:
Here is a common legal flow for online startups just starting out:
– You’ll want to first form your business. Either an LLC, C Corp or S Corp for most web startups.
– Get your post-incorporation documents in order if you ever plan on taking on investors and/or hiring people. This includes stuff like bylaws, initial board consent, restricted stock purchase agreement, confidential information and assignment agreements etc…
– Protect your IP. Decide whether you want to trademark your company name & logo, patent a process, draft NDAs etc. More on that.
– Create a founders agreement if you plan on bringing or currently have co founders. See
– If you plan on raising money from investors, decide whether you’ll do a convertible note or equity round. If convertible note, you’ll want an attorney to draft up a convertible promissory note, note purchase agreement, and board consent.
We routinely help startups launch at, a legal marketplace for small businesses. We have unique offerings for bootstrapped startups like flat-fee pricing, free consultations and a satisfaction guarantee. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message.