My answer to What are my visa options? F-1 visa expiring
Answer by Raad Ahmed:
In large part, it depends on what your plans are after your F-1 visa expires as well as any skills or details that you may have left out. You mention a business you have co-founded, and that could certainly open up a couple of visa options if you so choose.
- H-1 Visa-ideal for working temporarily or for a specialized occupation
- H-2B Visa–intended for seasonal employment
- E-2 Visa-a solution for those interested in starting a buisness in the US
- L-Visa-an option if you are interested in relocating your career to the US
- J-1 Visa-if you are interested in being a student
- EB-5 Visa-another solution for those interested in investment
- O-Visa-ideal for those with “exceptional abilities”
To determine which option is best for you, you would need to carefully examine your future goals and your credentials.
Other factors to consider when selecting a visa:
- Renewal options
- Documentation requirements
- Minimum qualifications
Overlooking certain details can greatly influence your application process and even impede you ability to obtain a visa. An immigration attorney can help.
has access to numerous world-class immigration attorneys that can counsel you about the appropriate process. We offer direct communication and we are willing to work with your timetable. You won’t find this type of service at a traditional law firm. Contact us today for a free consultation.