Where do I start if I want to open a marijuana store in Colorado? by @R44D
Answer by Raad Ahmed:
Here is a simple breakdown of the basics for starting a cannabis business in Colorado:
- You have to meet all the requirements:
- At least 21 years old
- A Colorado resident for 2 years
- No convictions of a controlled substance for 10 years
- Fully discharged of felony convictions for 5 years
- Cannot have dual employment with the State Licensing Authority
- Must have a clean moral history (determined by background check)
Note: The same applies to any co-founders or hired employees.
2. Complete application and pay fees.
- Be prepared to provide supporting documentation
- Be prepared to meet with the Marijuana Enforcement Division
- Complete fingerprinting
- Pay all appropriate fees
These are the the very basic starting points, but there is much, much more to the business side of starting a marijuana business. You should consider your business plan, the type of professionals that you will have to grow the product, location, and obtaining a bank account. There’s quite a bit to consider here. Your best bet? Get in touch with an experienced cannabis attorney.
may be able to help. We can connect you with a quality cannabis attorney that understands what it takes to get this type of business up and running. Our rates our affordable and we offer flexible payment options. Check out our website and get in touch for a consultation.