What you need to know about
Administrative Services Contract
Use this administrative services contract to hire administrative support professionals.
- Hiring an administrative assistant for your business
- Hiring an administrative assistant to help you with a temporary or part-time project
If you own a business or just need help organizing your personal finances, you may want to consider hiring an administrative assistant. Whenever you hire a person to work with your personal documents, however, you must ensure that everyone is on the same page when it comes to expectations and conditions for the job. Whether you are hiring an administrative assistant for your business or to just help you get your documents in order, you can use this step-by-step form to create an administrative services contract that fits your needs.
Administrative assistants can help you with the tasks that often come with running a business. Common administrative activities include basic bookkeeping and recordkeeping activities, as well as some human resources management if you happen to have employees. Administrative assistants can also be helpful for a temporary hire on personal projects, such as sending out a large mailing of wedding invitations or holiday greetings. Administrative assistants are often the first employee a new business owner will hire, as these individuals can be very helpful in tracking and organizing all of the activity that goes into establishing a new business.
Administrative assistants can help you get organized and operate a business or personal project more efficiently. However, it is critical to making sure that any agreement for administrative services is clear and accurate. If you are considering hiring an accountant use this interactive form to create a customized agreement that will create the framework for a successful professional relationship between you and your administrative assistant.
Preview of Administrative Services Contract
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES AGREEMENT
This Administrative Services Agreement (this “Agreement”) is made and entered into on _______________, 20____ (the “Effective Date”) by and between ________________________ (“Service Provider”) and ___________________ (“Client”). Service Provider and Client collectively referred to herein as the “Parties”, and are sometimes referred to individuals as a “Party”.
Client desires to retain Service Provider to perform certain administrative services and Service Provider wishes to perform certain administrative services for Client pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing, the parties agree as follows:
Scope of Work. Subject to the terms and conditions herein, Service Provider agrees to provide the services as fully described on Exhibit A (the “Services”).
The initial term of this Agreement shall commence on the date of this Agreement and shall continue in full force and effect for one year and the term shall be automatically renewed for an unlimited number of successive one-year periods, subject to earlier termination as provided below. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the term of this Agreement may be extended for such additional periods of time as the Parties agree to in writing.
Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time with _______ day’s written notice to the other party.
Price and Payment Terms.
As compensation for the Services, Client shall pay to the Service Provider an annual fee (the “Annual Service Fee”) in an amount equal to $_____________________.
The Annual Service Fee shall be paid to the Service Provider in monthly installments of $______________ due and payable on the ____ day of each month.
- All returned checks will be assessed the maximum fees allowed by law for NSF checks.
Status of the Service Provider; Limitation on Authority.
The Service Provider shall act under this Agreement as an independent contractor and not as Client’s agent or employee.
Service Provider’s employees, if any, who perform services for the Service Provider under this Agreement shall also be bound by the provision of this Agreement.
The Service Provider shall not have the right, power or authority to enter into agreements or incur liability on behalf of the Client except as expressly set forth in this Agreement. Any action taken by the Service Provider which is not expressly permitted by this Agreement shall not bind the Client.
Cooperation. The Service Provider is hereby authorized to communicate with the Client’s custodian of records regarding the Client's account and other relevant data needed to perform the Services. The Client takes sole responsibility for the acts or omission of its custodian and will have by the effective dates of this Agreement instructed its custodian and will instruct any future custodian of the Client to provided the Service Provider with custodians reports and other information of the Client that the Service Provider requires or perform the Services. The Client will provide the Service Provider with true and complete information necessary for timely receipt of complete Client data.
Confidentiality. Service Provider recognizes and acknowledges that (i) in the performance of the Services, it may come in contact with certain Client confidential information and (ii) the unauthorized use or disclosure of Client confidential information would cause substantial and irreparable harm to Client. Service Provider agrees that Service Provider shall not, directly or indirectly, disclose or use any Client confidential information except as necessary in order to perform the Services pursuant to this Agreement.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be construed under and in accordance with the laws of the State of _________.
- Binding Effect. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns. Nothing contained herein shall confer any rights or benefits upon any person other than the parties hereto and their respective heirs, successors and assigns.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the full and entire agreement between the parties hereto regarding the subject matter hereof, and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between the parties with respect to this Agreement are hereby canceled as of the date hereof.
- Amendment. This Agreement shall not be amended or altered in any manner unless such amendment or alteration is in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
- Waiver. A waiver of a specific default shall not be a waiver of any other or subsequent default. No waiver by a party of any provisions hereof shall constitute a waiver of any other matter, and all waivers shall be in writing and executed by an officer of the waiving party. No failure on the part of any party to exercise, and no delay in exercising, any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof.
- Severability. In the event any provision of this Agreement is invalidated or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, Client and Service Provider hereby agree that this Agreement shall, except as to such invalidated or unenforceable provision, continue to be in full force and effect.
- Assignment. The rights or duties of Service Provider under this Agreement shall not be assigned or delegated without the prior written consent of Client.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties have caused this Agreement to be executed as of the Effective Date first written above.
CLIENT: SERVICE PROVIDER:
Description of the Services
Administrative Services Contract Checklist
Make It Legal™
Find out next steps for your document
___Review Carefully. Look over the document carefully to ensure it matches your intentions. It is legally binding.
___Sign the Agreement. This document needs to be signed by both parties. Electronic signatures are acceptable.
___Distribute Copies. Fully executed and compiled copies of the document should be provided to both parties.
Disclaimer: It is strongly advised to have your Agreement reviewed or advised on by an attorney before entering into a legal relationship with another party. To speak with a lawyer about this agreement or any other legal need, please visit LawTrades.com.