What you need to know about
Use this bartending contract when hiring someone to serve drinks at your bar, restaurant, or private event.
- Hiring a bartender to work at your bar or restaurant
- Hiring a bartender for a party or private event.
If you own a business or just need help hosting a large event, you may want to consider hiring bartender to serve drinks while you take care of other matters. Whenever you hire a person to work at your home or business, however, you must ensure that everyone is on the same page when it comes to expectations and conditions for the job. Whether you are hiring a bartender for your business or to just helping out for an important event, you can use this step-by-step form to create a bartending contract that fits your needs.
Bartenders can help you with the more mundane tasks that often come with entertaining guests. They can help you keep the bar in stock, engage and entertain guests, and clean up at the end of an event. Professional bartenders can be very entertaining, and they often know how to mix creative beverages that everyone can enjoy.
Bartenders can help you get organized behind the bar and help your event or business move more efficiently. However, it is critical to make sure that any agreement for bartending services is clear and accurate. If you are considering hiring a bartender, use this interactive form to create a customized agreement that will create the framework for a successful professional relationship. Likewise, if you’re a professional bartender, you can use this form to make a standard agreement that is easy to use and creates a formal presentation for your clients.
Preview of Bartending Contract
This Bartending Contract (this “Agreement”) is made and entered into on _______________, 20____ (the “Effective Date”) by and between ________________________ (“Service Provider”) and ___________________ (“Client”). Service Provider and Client collectively referred to herein as the “Parties”, and are sometimes referred to individuals as a “Party”.
Client desires to retain Service Provider to perform certain bartending services and Service Provider wishes to perform certain bartending services for Client pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing, the parties agree as follows:
Scope of Work. Subject to the terms and conditions herein, Service Provider agrees to provide the services as fully described on Exhibit A (the “Services”) at the following location: .
The Services shall commence on ________________, 2018(the “Event Date”) from the hours of _____________ to __________________.
Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time with _______ day’s written notice prior to the Event Date to the other party.
Price and Payment Terms.
The agreed upon rate for the Services shall be $______________ for the preparation of the Menu and $____________ per hour for Services (collectively, the “Contract Price”).
The Contract Price shall be paid in the following installments:
- Initial Deposit in the amount of $_____________due upon signing this Agreement.
- $____________ due upon completion of the Services and receipt of final invoice on the Event Date.
- Rights and Responsibilities of Service Provider.
- Service Provider affirms that he or she knows state and local laws concerning the sale of alcoholic beverages and shall follow the applicable liquor laws.
- Service Provider shall follow appropriate measures to ensure that only persons of legal drinking age are served alcoholic beverages. Guest who appear to be underage may be asked to provided identification.
- Service Provider shall also exercise discretion in serving alcoholic beverages to guests. Service Provider shall reserve the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to guest if he or she believes that such guest is intoxicated and is acting in a manner that could be determine to either himself/herself or other guest.
- Service Provider will prepare all necessary cocktail items, garnish, and stock items, including providing necessary tools i.e. bottle, opener, pourers, etc.
- Cancellation. In the event of cancellation of the function by the Client after the date specified in Section 2(b), the Service Provider is entitled to liquidated damages equivalent ____% of the total estimated charge for the cancelled function.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be construed under and in accordance with the laws of the State of _________.
- Binding Effect. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns. Nothing contained herein shall confer any rights or benefits upon any person other than the parties hereto and their respective heirs, successors and assigns.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the full and entire agreement between the parties hereto regarding the subject matter hereof, and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between the parties with respect to this Agreement are hereby canceled as of the date hereof.
- Amendment. This Agreement shall not be amended or altered in any manner unless such amendment or alteration is in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
- Waiver. A waiver of a specific default shall not be a waiver of any other or subsequent default. No waiver by a party of any provisions hereof shall constitute a waiver of any other matter, and all waivers shall be in writing and executed by an officer of the waiving party. No failure on the part of any party to exercise, and no delay in exercising, any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof.
- Severability. In the event any provision of this Agreement is invalidated or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, Client and Service Provider hereby agree that this Agreement shall, except as to such invalidated or unenforceable provision, continue to be in full force and effect.
- Assignment. The rights or duties of Service Provider under this Agreement shall not be assigned or delegated without the prior written consent of Client.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties have caused this Agreement to be executed as of the Effective Date first written above.
CLIENT: SERVICE PROVIDER:
Description of the Services
Bartending Contract Checklist
Make It Legal™
Find out next steps for your document
___Review Carefully. Look over the document carefully to ensure it matches your intentions. It is legally binding.
___Sign the Agreement. This document needs to be signed by both parties. Electronic signatures are acceptable.
___Distribute Copies. Fully executed and compiled copies of the document should be provided to both parties.
Disclaimer: It is strongly advised to have your Agreement reviewed or advised on by an attorney before entering into a legal relationship with another party. To speak with a lawyer about this agreement or any other legal need, please visit LawTrades.com.