What you need to know about
Billing Services Contract
This billing services contract creates an agreement between a billing services professional and a client.
- Hiring a billing services professional for a large project
- Hiring a billing services company to help manage your company’s finances.
If you own a business, it’s important to keep track of every dollar spent and earned. Whenever you hire a person to work with your finances, however, you must ensure that everyone is on the same page when it comes to expectations and conditions for the job. Whether you are hiring a billing services professional for your business full-time or to just temporarily to help you get your accounts in order, you can use this step-by-step form to create a billing services contract that fits your needs.
Billing services professionals can help you with some of the most common tasks that come with running a business. Billing services companies can issue and track invoices, perform basic bookkeeping and recordkeeping services, and do payroll if you happen to have employees. Billing services professionals can also be helpful for a temporary hire on complex projects, such as managing a construction contract with several subcontractors. If your business does not have its finances organized and up-to-date, professional billing services providers can be very helpful in getting everything in order.
Billing services professionals can help you get paid more easily and help manage in-house finances. However, it is critical to make sure that any agreement for billing services is clear and accurate. If you are considering hiring a billing services provider, use this interactive form to create a customized agreement that will create the framework for a successful professional relationship.
Preview of Billing Services Contract
BILLING SERVICES CONTRACT
This Billing Services Contract (this “Agreement”) is made and entered into on _______________, 20____ (the “Effective Date”) by and between ________________________ (“Service Provider”) and ___________________ (“Client”). Service Provider and Client collectively referred to herein as the “Parties”, and are sometimes referred to individuals as a “Party”.
Client desires to retain Service Provider to perform certain billing services and Service Provider wishes to perform certain billing services for Client pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing, the parties agree as follows:
Scope of Work. Subject to the terms and conditions herein, Service Provider agrees to provide the services as fully described on Exhibit A (the “Services”).
The term of this Agreement shall commence on the date of this Agreement or upon receipt of relevant documents as requested from Service Provider, whichever date is later.
The term shall remain in effect until the service required hereunder have been completed satisfactorily by Service Provider unless sooner terminated as provided in this Agreement.
Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time with _______ day’s written notice to the other party.
Price and Payment Terms.
The agreed upon rate for the Services shall be $______________ per hour.
Request for payments from the Service Provider shall be sent by invoice to the Client, and each such invoice shall be due and payable within ____ (____) days from the invoice date.
- Invoices that are not paid when due will bear interest on the outstanding balance at the rate of _______ percent (_____%) per month.
In addition to the fees specified above, Client will reimburse Service Provider for any incidental costs and expenses Service Provider incurs in performing Services for Client under this Agreement, including, but not limited to, photocopying and related expenses, shipping and mailing charges, document filing fees, other government fees, notary fees, and similar expenses. Costs and expenses will be billed to Client on a monthly basis and will be due and payable within ____________________ days thereafter.
- All returned checks will be assessed the maximum fees allowed by law for NSF checks.
Status of the Service Provider; Limitation on Authority.
The Service Provider shall act under this Agreement as an independent contractor and not as Client’s agent or employee.
Service Provider’s employees, if any, who perform services for the Service Provider under this Agreement shall also be bound by the provision of this Agreement.
The Service Provider shall not have the right, power or authority to enter into agreements or incur liability on behalf of the Client except as expressly set forth in this Agreement. Any action taken by the Service Provider which is not expressly permitted by this Agreement shall not bind the Client.
Cooperation. The Service Provider is hereby authorized to communicate with the Client’s custodian of records regarding the Client's account and other relevant billing data. The Client takes sole responsibility for the acts or omission of its custodian and will have by the effective dates of this Agreement instructed its custodian and will instruct any future custodian of the Client to provided the Service Provider with custodians reports and other information of the Client that the Service Provider requires or perform the Services. The Client will provide the Service Provider with true and complete information necessary for timely receipt of complete Client data.
Confidentiality. Service Provider recognizes and acknowledges that (i) in the performance of the Services, it may come in contact with certain Client confidential information and (ii) the unauthorized use or disclosure of Client confidential information would cause substantial and irreparable harm to Client. Service Provider agrees that Service Provider shall not, directly or indirectly, disclose or use any Client confidential information except as necessary in order to perform the Services pursuant to tis Agreement.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be construed under and in accordance with the laws of the State of _________.
- Binding Effect. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns. Nothing contained herein shall confer any rights or benefits upon any person other than the parties hereto and their respective heirs, successors and assigns.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the full and entire agreement between the parties hereto regarding the subject matter hereof, and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between the parties with respect to this Agreement are hereby canceled as of the date hereof.
- Amendment. This Agreement shall not be amended or altered in any manner unless such amendment or alteration is in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
- Waiver. A waiver of a specific default shall not be a waiver of any other or subsequent default. No waiver by a party of any provisions hereof shall constitute a waiver of any other matter, and all waivers shall be in writing and executed by an officer of the waiving party. No failure on the part of any party to exercise, and no delay in exercising, any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof.
- Severability. In the event any provision of this Agreement is invalidated or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, Client and Service Provider hereby agree that this Agreement shall, except as to such invalidated or unenforceable provision, continue to be in full force and effect.
- Assignment. The rights or duties of Service Provider under this Agreement shall not be assigned or delegated without the prior written consent of Client.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties have caused this Agreement to be executed as of the Effective Date first written above.
CLIENT: SERVICE PROVIDER:
Description of the Services
Billing Services Contract Checklist
Make It Legal™
Find out next steps for your document
___Review Carefully. Look over the document carefully to ensure it matches your intentions. It is legally binding.
___Sign the Agreement. This document needs to be signed by both parties. Electronic signatures are acceptable.
___Distribute Copies. Fully executed and compiled copies of the document should be provided to both parties.
Disclaimer: It is strongly advised to have your Agreement reviewed or advised on by an attorney before entering into a legal relationship with another party. To speak with a lawyer about this agreement or any other legal need, please visit LawTrades.com.