What you need to know about
Temporary Employment Contract
Use this temporary employment contract to set up an employment agreement that only lasts for a limited amount of time.
- Hiring temporary employees
- Offering temporary services on a freelance basis.
Some of us enjoy buying and arranging our own furniture, choosing paint colors, and picking lighting fixtures that set the proper tone. However, professional interior designers can really elevate the look of your home or office. If you are thinking about hiring an interior designer, or if you are considering freelancing as a professional interior designer, use this interactive form to help you get started.
A good interior designer will listen to your needs and work with you to create home or office décor that is exactly as you envisioned. Hiring an interior designer can save you time in the long run and greatly increase the impact you have on clients and guests.
When you’re hiring an interior designer, they can use their professional skills to develop a home or office design that you adore. Whether you just purchased a new home, moved into a new office, or going through a remodel, an interior designer can help you with a level of creativity that is hard to cultivate on your own. However, whenever you hire a person to provide services inside your home or business, you must ensure that everyone is on the same page when it comes to expectations and conditions for the job. Use this interactive form to create a graphic design contract that works for you.
Likewise, if you are offering freelance interior design services, you can use this interactive form to create a customized interior design contract template. Having an interior design contract prepped and ready for your clients to sign creates a professional and formal presentation that just might give you that competitive edge.
Preview of Temporary Employment Contract
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
This Temporary Employment Agreement (“Agreement”) entered into as of the ________________, 20___ (the “Effective Date”) by and between ________________________ (“Employee”) and ___________________ (“Company”). Employee and Company collectively referred to herein as the “Parties”, and are sometimes referred to individuals as a “Party”.
The Company desires to contract with Employee, and the Employee desires to enter into this Agreement to provide services (“Services”) to the Company, and
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the premises and mutual promises and agreements contained herein, Employee and Company agree as follows:
- Term. The Company hereby contracts with Employee and Employee agrees to provide Services upon the terms and conditions set forth herein, for ____________ (___) year(s), beginning on the Effective Date and ending _______________, 20____ (“Initial Term”). Following the end of the Term, this Agreement shall continue (pursuant to the parties mutual agreement) on an annual basis (each a “Renewal Term”) until terminated as provided in Section 4 of this Agreement. The Initial Term and any Renewed Term as sometimes collectively referred to herein as the “Term”.
- Services Provided. During the Term, Employee agrees to render Services for and on behalf of the Company in as described in Exhibit A. Employee shall provide such Services pursuant to the schedule established by the Company and shall respond promptly to requests for Services.
- Compensation. Company shall pay Employee during each year of the Term of this Agreement, so long as Employee shall be engaged hereunder, a fixed annual fee of $______________ payable in equal monthly installments of $_________.
- Termination of Agreement. This Agreement shall terminate:
- if Employee shall become so disabled as to be unable to fully perform services of the character contemplated by this Agreement, and such disability continues for a period of ___________ (___) consecutive months; or
- if Employee shall breach this Agreement, or
- upon at least _________ (____) days written notice of termination by either Party.
- Fringe Benefits. Employee shall not be entitled to participate in any fringe benefits offered to other employees until such time that Employee becomes a permanent full-time employee. If Employee qualifies to participate in such fringe benefits, all or any of such benefits may be modified, frozen or terminated in the sole discretion of Company.
- Employee shall indemnify, defend and hold the Company harmless from and against all losses, costs, damages and expenses which Company might incur as the result of any alleged act of negligence or professional liability on the part of Employee to the extent that such damages and expenses are not paid or reimbursed under a policy of insurance. Company hereby waives any right of subrogation against Employee with respect to any such claims or damages that are paid for or reimbursed by insurance proceeds.
- The Company shall indemnify, defend and hold Employee harmless from and against all losses, costs, damages and expenses which Employee might incur as the result of any alleged act of negligence or professional liability on the part of the Company or any employee of the Company to the extent that such damages and expenses are not paid or reimbursed under a policy of insurance. Employee hereby waives any right of subrogation against Company with respect to any such claims or damages that are paid for or reimbursed by insurance proceeds.
- Employee shall not, at any time or in any manner, either directly or indirectly, divulge, disclose or communicate to any person, firm or Company any non-public information concerning any matters of, or relating to, the business of the Company, including without limitation any confidential information of Company’s clients, without regard to whether any of such matters will be deemed confidential, material or important.
- The Company and Employee agree that any breach of the terms of this Section 8 during the Term of this Agreement with the Company shall be a material breach of this Agreement, which shall entitle the Company to immediately terminate this Agreement without prejudice to any other rights or remedies afforded the Company hereunder, by law or in equity.
- Employee and the Company further agree that any breach of the terms of this Section 8 shall cause immediate and irreparable injury to the Company for which there exists no adequate remedy at law, thus entitling the Company to immediate injunctive relief to enjoin such breach, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies afforded the Company hereunder. The parties to this Agreement shall submit themselves to the jurisdiction of any competent court in the State of ________________ and accept service of process in connection with any action brought under this Agreement. In any legal action brought by or defended by either party to enforce or construe any clause of this Agreement, either party if successful in such action, shall be entitled to reasonable attorney's fees and costs incurred in connection therewith.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be construed under and in accordance with the laws of the State of _________.
- Binding Effect. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns. Nothing contained herein shall confer any rights or benefits upon any person other than the parties hereto and their respective heirs, successors and assigns.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the full and entire agreement between the parties hereto regarding the subject matter hereof, and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between the parties with respect to this Agreement are hereby canceled as of the date hereof.
- Amendment. This Agreement shall not be amended or altered in any manner unless such amendment or alteration is in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
- Waiver. A waiver of a specific default shall not be a waiver of any other or subsequent default. No waiver by a party of any provisions hereof shall constitute a waiver of any other matter, and all waivers shall be in writing and executed by an officer of the waiving party. No failure on the part of any party to exercise, and no delay in exercising, any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof.
- Severability. In the event any provision of this Agreement is invalidated or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, Company and Employee hereby agree that this Agreement shall, except as to such invalidated or unenforceable provision, continue to be in full force and effect.
- Assignment. The rights or duties of Employee under this Agreement shall not be assigned or delegated without the prior written consent of Company.
- Force Majeure. A party shall not be responsible for any failure or delay in performance of any obligations hereunder caused by interruptions occasioned by order or requisition of the government of the United States or any state or territory thereof, or any governmental subdivision, or any government or war activity, or embargoes, fire, riot, epidemic, flood, accident, disaster, strike, explosion, restraining order or decree of any court, Act of God, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of a party which shall interfere with or hinder its obligations hereunder.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties have caused this Agreement to be executed as of the Effective Date first written above.
Description of the Services
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT Checklist
Make It Legal™
Find out next steps for your document.
___Review Carefully. Look over the document carefully to ensure it matches your intentions. It is legally binding.
___ Populate the Exhibits. Exhibit A needs to be completed.
___Sign the Agreement. This document needs to be signed by both Company and Employee Provider. Electronic signatures are acceptable.
___Distribute Copies. Fully executed and compiled copies of this document should be provided to both Company and Employee.
Disclaimer: It is strongly advised to have your agreement reviewed or advised on by an attorney before entering into a legal relationship with another party. To speak with a lawyer about this agreement or any other legal need, please visit LawTrades.com.